home_icon Created with Sketch.
Home > Erase iPhone > How to Manage and Reset Location & Privacy on iPhone
July 12, 2018 (Updated: April 7, 2021)
12324 views , 3 min read
Privacy control in iPhone ensures that you get full control over which application on your mobile has access to information that is stored on your device. A great example of this having the privilege to grant a social media app on your device to access the camera feature on your device, which allows you to do a picture upload. Or better still.
Some app also uses information of current location, granting them the permission to in the privacy settings; you allow the app on your device to use information from Cellular, Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System (GPS) networks amongst other features to determine your current location. All of these are related to our personal information, so how can we manage and reset location and privacy on our iPhone?
- Part 1: How to Reset Location and Privacy on iPhone
- Part 2: How to Manage Your Privacy Better to Avoid Privacy Leak
Part 1. How to Reset Location and Privacy on iPhone
Before we start to reset location and privacy on iPhone, we should know more about what does location & privacy settings do on iPhone. With the Privacy settings, you are able to control the app that has access to information on your device. In the Privacy settings, select the type of data desired from the list to see which app needs or I’ve asked for permission to used your data saved on your mobile device. So, an app can never use any data on your device unless it’s given permission to.
It is important to note that if you grant any app on your phone to have access to the data present on your iPhone, you are subjected to their terms and conditions, it’s better to read their term and condition before granting access to any of the apps.
Here are the steps on how to reset location and privacy on iPhone:
Step 1: First, open the Settings icon found on your device.
Step 2: The next thing you should do is to look for the “General” section in the Settings.
Step 3: After going to the General section, scroll down to the bottom of your screen and tap the “Reset” button on your device.
Step 4: Look for the “Reset Location & Privacy”.
Step 5: When you click on the “Reset Location & Privacy” setting, your device would ask for your passcode, just input your passcode.
Step 6: Click on “Reset Settings” to confirm.
Note: A prompt page asking to choose between Reset Settings and cancel will be displayed, click on the Reset Settings, once you modify these settings, you will need to re-enable location services for apps that you choose to allow to have access to your location data.
Part 2. How to Manage Your Privacy Better to Avoid Privacy Leak
After knowing how to reset location and privacy on iPhone, you should learn more about iPhone personal privacy protection. When your personal information is shared through/to a website or a third-party other than that website to which that personal information was initially provided. Basically, when we talk about privacy leakage on iPhone, what it means is that the unauthorized sharing of personal information with an app other than the app authorized to will this information. When you completely erase data from your iPhone, it keeps what is mean to be personal information out of the reach of any third-party.
There are so many reasons why one needs to protect his/her personal information, the major reason is the privacy leakage. With the iMyFone Umate Pro for Windows or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac which is regarded as the safest iPhone data eraser globally, with features that enables you to preview and select iOS data that you no longer require, protecting your privacy by making sure there are no recoverable files on your device.
home_icon Created with Sketch.
Home > Erase iPhone > How to Avoid WeChat Privacy Leakage on iPhone?
February 18, 2017 (Updated: April 7, 2021)
9765 views , 4 min read
There is no doubt that WeChat is a great app for iPhone users because of its ability to be used in video calling, messaging, and voice calling among other impressive features. But have you ever thought of your WeChat messages, videos and pictures falling into the wrong hands and probably being used against you?
In reality, this is what happens to some people and it is something we must avoid at all cost. This means that WeChat privacy issues exits on iPhone and we should work hard to protect it, else it becomes a problem that may become difficult to handle. This article looks at how we can protect our WeChat Privacy on iPhone.
- Part 1: What are the Common WeChat Privacy Issues?
- Part 2: How to Setup Security in WeChat on iPhone?
- Part 3: Permanently Erase iPhone WeChat Private Data to Avoid WeChat Privacy Leak
Part 1: What are the Common WeChat Privacy Issues?
- Message Interception and Retrieval by Third Parties: This is a privacy concern when it comes to WeChat. The reality is that even your deleted WeChat messages can be retrieved by a third party which can harm your privacy.
- Photos Retrieval: The photos being sent around on WeChat may not be private even if they get deleted along the line because it can be retrieved by any interested party.
- Accessing Your Device: The reality is that anyone who gets your device can open the WeChat app can view your WeChat communication. This is a source for concern to anyone who values their privacy.
- Simple Delete is not enough: Unfortunately, deleting your WeChat messages, videos etc through the app itself is not enough as it can be easily retrieved.
- Location Data Reporting: This is a serious privacy issue because it is capable of reporting location data and quoting messages that are sent via the platform limiting your privacy in the process.
Part 2: How to Setup Security in WeChat on iPhone
In order to reduce the privacy concerns in WeChat, it is important to set up a kind of security. This will help to keep your WeChat account safe and secured in a way. The following are the step by step guide to set up WeChat security.
Step 1: Tap Me and then Settings.
Step 2: Then tap on Privacy. Here, you can choose to disable вЂњFind me by Phone noвЂќ, вЂњfind me by WeChat IDвЂќ, вЂFind mobile contactsвЂќ and even enable friend confirmation settings.
Step 3: Tap on Moments and disable public moments.
Step 4: Go to features and disable People nearby, drifty bottle etc.
Part 3: Permanently Erase iPhone WeChat Private Data to Avoid WeChat Privacy Leak
The truth of the matter is that the only way to avoid falling into the privacy leak problem is to erase WeChat private data permanently. However, it is important to mention that erasing it permanently requires using a capable tool instead of just deleting them via the app itself.
When you want to erase your WeChat data permanently so that it cannot be recovered again, then the iMyFone iPhone WeChat Data Eraser or WeChat Data Eraser for Mac is your best solution. The WeChat Eraser is the worldвЂ™s number 1 All-in-one solution for your iOS space saving and privacy protection on iOS. It is capable of wiping out your iPhone WeChat data safely and permanently using any of 5 modes that are well designed to erase all kinds of data. It can do a lot for you:
- Erase WeChat Messages: This can be done by simply using the вЂњErase Private DataвЂќ mode or other erase mode to wipe out your WeChat messages.
- Erase WeChat Photos and Videos: Umate Pro is capable of erasing the photos and videos on your WeChat and ensure that they cannot be retrieved again.
- Erase All WeChat Private Fragment Traces: Note that WeChat will leave some fragments behind which could cause some privacy issues. However, Umate Pro is capable of scan out all these traces and erase them permanently.
- Erase Previously Deleted WeChat data: If you have already deleted your WeChat data via simple deletion which is not enough, donвЂ™t worry, all hope is not lost because Umate Pro can show these previously deleted files and erase them permanently with no chance of recovery.
Steps of Using the iMyFone WeChat Data Eraser for iPhone/iPad
Fortunately, the Umate Pro is easy to use with the following quick steps:
Step 1: Install the program on your PC, run it and connect your device to it.
Step 2: Select any of the Erase mode suitable for the task.
Step 3: Click on the вЂњErase NowвЂќ button to erase your WeChat data permanently and protect your privacy.
Why Simple Deletion on iPhone is Not Enough
One way of deleting WeChat private data is by simply deleting it via the app itself but unfortunately this is not enough. The reason is that simple deletion like this method cannot erase them permanently from your device.
The implication is that they can be retrieved with modern data recovery tools even after deletion and this is bad for your privacy. Therefore, avoid simple deletion because it does not solve the problem rather go for capable tools that can erase WeChat data permanently.
(Click to rate this post)
Generally rated 4.7 ( 256 participated)
You have already rated this article, please do not repeat scoring!