Learn how to transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC. You can also make your photos available on all your devices with iCloud Photos.
- Use iCloud Photos
- Import to your Mac
- Import to your Windows PC
Use iCloud Photos
iCloud Photos keeps your photos and videos safe, up to date, and available automatically on all of your Apple devices, on iCloud.com, and even your PC. When you use iCloud Photos, you don’t need to import photos from one iCloud device to another. iCloud Photos always uploads and stores your original, full-resolution photos. You can keep full-resolution originals on each of your devices, or save space with device-optimized versions instead. Either way, you can download your originals whenever you need them. Any organizational changes or edits you make are always kept up to date across all your Apple devices. Learn how to set up and use iCloud Photos.
The photos and videos that you keep in iCloud Photos use your iCloud storage. Before you turn on iCloud Photos, make sure that you have enough space in iCloud to store your entire collection. You can see how much space you need and then upgrade your storage plan if necessary.
Import to your Mac
You can use the Photos app to import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app on your computer.
- The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn’t automatically appear, click the device’s name in the Photos sidebar.
- If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode. If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust to continue.
- Choose where you want to import your photos. Next to “Import to,” you can choose an existing album or create a new one.
- Select the photos you want to import and click Import Selected, or click Import All New Photos.
- Wait for the process to finish, then disconnect your device from your Mac.
Import to your Windows PC
You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using the Windows Photos app:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
- If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode.
- If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust or Allow to continue.
If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you need to download the original, full resolution versions of your photos to your iPhone before you import to your PC. Find out how.
When you import videos from your iOS or iPadOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in the Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.
If you’re having trouble importing photos from your iOS or iPadOS device to Windows 10, try these steps:
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, open the Settings app. Tap Camera, then tap Formats.
- Tap Most Compatible. From now on, your camera will create photos and videos in JPEG and H.264 formats.
There are more ways to transfer photos and videos to your computer:
- Use AirDrop to quickly send photos and videos to your Mac.
- Import photos and video from storage media, like a hard disk or SD card, to Photos for macOS.
- Use a scanner and Image Capture to import photos that were taken with a film camera.
- Import your images directly to a folder on your Mac with Image Capture.
- Sync music, movies, and more from your iOS devices using your computer.
- Use Time Machine to back up all of your files, including your photos and videos, to an external hard drive.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.
As the popularity of iPhones increases, more Android users might switch to iPhone. Apple has been improving iPhone’s camera feature and striving to make iPhone’s camera the best in its class. As a result, users end up taking more photos with their iPhone. From time to time, iPhone users might want to view iPhone pictures on PC. Not all iPhone users own a PC, and it might seem difficult for them to figure out how to view iPhone photos on PC. Especially those new iPhone users who are not familiar with this process might always wonder how to view photos in iTunes. In this article, we will review three ways of how to view photos from iPhone on PC.
- Part 1: How to view photos from iPhone on PC via Windows Explorer
- Part 2: How to view iPhone photos on computer via iCloud.com
- Part 3: How to view iPhone photos on PC with Leawo iTransfer
Part 1: How to view photos from iPhone on PC via Windows Explorer
If you own a Windows PC, you might be curious about how to view iPhone pictures on PC without the help of additional software on PC. The most convenient way you can view iPhone photos on the computer is through the Windows Explorer every PC has.
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable.
2. Go to “Computer” and double click on the iPhone icon under “Portable Devices” section. You will now access to your iPhone’s content.
3. Go to the folder “Internal Storage” and then “DCIM.” Here you might find multiple folders that include your photos and videos from your iPhone.
4. You can navigate to different folders here and find the photos you would like to transfer. Select all those photos. Then copy and paste into any folder on your PC to better organize and view iPhone photos on computer.
5. Once the transfer is completed, you can view iPhone pics on PC in the folder any time.
Part 2: How to view iPhone photos on computer via iCloud.com
Another way of how to view photos from iPhone on PC without downloading extra software is through iCloud.com. Before you can start following steps to view iPhone photos on PC, you need to enable your iCloud Photo Library. To do so, you can follow steps below:
1. On your iPhone with iOS 10.3 or later, go to “Settings.” Tap on your name and then “iCloud.” In the list of iCloud, tap on “Photos.” In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to “Settings” and then “iCloud.” Tap on “Photos.”
2. Once you are in the screen of “Photos,” turn on iCloud Photo Library.
3. When you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your images on your iPhone will automatically start uploading to your iCloud.
After the upload of your photos completes, you can follow instructions below to view iPhone pics on PC.
1. Open a browser in your PC and go to icloud.com. Log in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
2. Click on “Photos” to view your iPhone photos in iCloud.
3. Select all the photos you want to download and view on your PC. Click on the cloud-like icon with an arrow faced downward to download photos to your PC.
4. Go to your default folder for downloads or the the folder you specify before the download. You can view all your photos.
5. You will find your photos there and view iPhone photos on computer.
Part 3: How to view iPhone photos on PC with Leawo iTransfer
The previous two methods can help you view iPhone photos on a computer without downloading extra programs. However, you have to upload photos on iPhone to iCloud Photo Library first and then download them in iCloud.com. This method might not be as convenient as you think, considering the time you need to put in.
The third method will utilize Leawo iTransfer, a professional program that is designed to facilitate the process of transferring photos, videos, music and different files between PC and different iOS devices. With Leawo iTransfer, how to view iPhone pictures on PC becomes more straightforward and causes less stress. Follow instructions below to view iPhone photos on a computer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Download Leawo iTransfer, install and launch it.
2. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable. Leawo iTransfer will automatically recognize your iPhone, which saves you time navigating.
3. In the left section of the window, navigate to “Camera” under “LIBRARY” to access photos on your iPhone.
4. View and select photos you want to transfer to your PC.
5. Click on the large transfer icon in the lower right corner to initiate the transferral of photos.
6. You can also start the transferral process in the top menu bar. Go to “File” and then “Transfer to.” Click on “My computer” for transferring photos to your PC.
7. Check “Save to folder” in the pop-up window. Click on “Change” to set a destination on your PC for your iPhone photos.
8. Click “Transfer Now” and photos will be transferred to your PC.
When the process of transferral finishes, you can go to the folder you specify in the previous step. In that folder, you will find all your iPhone photos that have been transferred to your PC. From now on, you can quickly view iPhone pics on PC.
Nov. 13, 2017 by Cynthia Ma on