To open Keynote presentations in other apps, convert them in the Keynote app first. You can also open Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and other file types in Keynote.
You can convert and open presentations in Keynote on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can use Keynote online at iCloud.com.
Convert and open files in Keynote on iPhone or iPad
You can work with a variety of file formats in Keynote on your iPhone or iPad. Check which formats are compatible.
Convert a Keynote presentation in Keynote on iPhone or iPad
If you want to open a Keynote presentation in another app like Microsoft PowerPoint, use Keynote to convert the presentation to an appropriate format.
- Open the presentation that you want to convert, then tap the More button .
- Tap Export.
- Choose a format for your presentation.
- Choose how you want to send your presentation, like with Mail or Messages.
Open a file in Keynote for iPhone or iPad
To open a file like a Microsoft PowerPoint file in Keynote on iPhone or iPad, tap the file in the presentation manager. If you don’t see the presentation manager, tap Presentations (on an iPad) or the back button (on an iPhone), then tap the file that you want to open. If a file is dimmed, it’s not in a compatible format.
You can also open a file in Keynote from a different app like the Files app, or from an email:
- Open the other app, then select the file or attachment.
- Tap the Share button .
- Tap Copy to Keynote. The original file remains intact.
When the file opens, you might get a message that the presentation will look different. For example, Keynote notifies you when fonts are missing. Tap Done to open the presentation in Keynote.
Keynote for Mac
You can work with a variety of file formats in Keynote for Mac. Check which formats are compatible.
Convert a Keynote presentation in Keynote for Mac
If you want to open a Keynote presentation in another app like Microsoft PowerPoint, use Keynote to convert the presentation to the appropriate format.
- Open the Keynote presentation that you want to convert.
- Choose File > Export To, then select the format.
- In the window that appears, you can choose a different format or set up any additional options. For example, you can require a password to open an exported PDF, choose the format for an exported PowerPoint presentation, or adjust the timing of the presentation if you’re exporting as a movie file.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for your file and select a folder to save it to.
- Click Export.
To send a file in a specific format through Mail, Messages, AirDrop, or Notes, choose Share > Send a Copy, choose how you want to send the presentation, then choose a format.
Open a file in Keynote for Mac
From the Finder, Control-click the file, then choose Open With > Keynote. If Keynote is the only presentation app on your Mac, you can just double-click the file.
From the Keynote for Mac app, choose File > Open, select the file, then click Open. If a file is dimmed, it’s not a compatible format.
When the file opens, you might get a message that the presentation will look different. For example, Keynote notifies you when fonts are missing. You might see also see warnings when you open presentations created in older versions of Keynote.
Keynote for iCloud
Keynote for iCloud lets you open, edit, and share your files from a supported browser on a Mac or PC. Check which file formats are compatible with Keynote for iCloud. If you don’t have an Apple device, learn how to create an Apple ID.
How to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint Presentation File?
Being a local MAC users uses Keynote rather than the PowerPoint when presenting the presentations to an audience. Apple’s Keynote is part of productivity & business applications. If you want to convert the Apple’s Keynote to the Microsoft’s PowerPoint Presentations to view the keynote in PowerPoint then check and read this below article once, PowerPoint can’t open the Keynote .ppt file by itself. So by trying these below methods and guides will help you in this.
Keynote does not display timelines accurately on the animations & program is not capable of the supporting Visual Basic. This program is not compatible with the Microsoft, but the PowerPoint presentations are consistent with your MAC.
*NOTE:- The main advantage of the PowerPoint Presentations is usability. Keynote & the PowerPoint are both features of the office suites.
Table of Contents
(Guide) How to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint Presentation File
So here is the tutorial on How to do that on MAC and from these methods, you can learn for converting your Keynote file to the PowerPoint presentation file.
1. Download the File in PowerPoint Presentation from Keynote App. –
- Go to this Website: iCloud.com
- Sign up on the iCloud
- Open the online Keynote application
- Drag your Keynotefile onto the browserwindow
- Keynote browser application will open your presentation
- Click on the tool icon there
- Select Download a Copy option
- Keynote will prompt an opportunity to download a Keynote/PDF/PowerPoint options
- Select PowerPoint to download it in PowerPoint presentation
- After finishing, close all the tabs & windows
- That’s it, done
By downloading the file in the presentations from the applications can help you for the Convert Keynote to PowerPoint problems.
2. Export Keynote to PowerPoint File by Apple’s Keynote Software –
- Launch the KeynoteSoftware from your MAC PC
- Start the .Key file
- Click on the File option ( At the top )
- Click on Export To option
- Select PowerPoint option there
A Pop up will appear there
- It says,
Create a PowerPoint document that can be viewed & edited with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Click on Next button there
- Wait for completing it
- After finished, close all windows
- That’s it, done
By exporting the File by Apple’s Software can help you to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint on iPhone.
3. Export your Project to a PDF –
- Click on the File option
( At the top of the screen )
- Click on Export option there
- Now, Choose PDF option
For Image quality, Choose ‘Best‘ option from there
- Save it as PDF
- After completing, close everything
- That’s it
By exporting your project to a PDF help you to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint on PC PDF.
These are the easiest & the fastest ways for How to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint Online on MAC File. Hope this guide will surely assist you in for this presentations file.
If you face any problem while How to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint Online on MAC file then Comment the issue here below. Thanks for reading and checking this article.