To keep your Facebook inbox tidy, you will have to delete some messages permanently. Maybe the conversation includes some sensitive information which you do not want to be archived/stored. Whatever be the reason, in this article, we will guide you through the steps to permanently delete Facebook messages.
How to (Permanently) Delete Facebook Messages On Web
No matter what browser you’re on, the steps will hold true for every web browser available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Once you’re in, look for the messaging icon at the top-right corner of the web page. Refer to the image below for a better understanding.
- Click on the messaging icon to list all your recent messages. At the end of the list, you will find the option “See all in Messenger“. Now, click on it to find all your messages loading up in the same window (the messenger section).
- You’ll have to scroll down and search for the conversation or message you want to delete. If you’re going to delete an entire conversation, simply select the conversation and click on the gear icon next to it to find the “Delete” option as shown in the image below.
- In case you want to delete a particular message from the conversation, you have to select the conversation and then click on the menu icon to delete the message.
How to (Permanently) Delete Facebook Messages On Android App
To delete your messages on an Android device, you will not be needing the Facebook app. You need the Facebook Messenger app installed. Once, you’ve installed the messenger, follow the steps below to delete your facebook messages permanently:
- Launch Facebook’s Messenger app.
- Tap and hold any of the desired conversations to find the option to delete it. If you want to delete a particular message, head into the conversation and then tap and hold the exact message which you want to delete as shown in the image below.
How to (Permanently) Delete Facebook Messages On iPhone
Deleting a conversation or a message is the same as you did on your Android device. Simply tap and hold (avoid activating 3D Touch) to delete a conversation or a message. Here’s an image for reference:
Now that you’ve known how to delete your Facebook messages permanently do remember that you cannot undo the procedure. If you’ve deleted the conversation or the message, there’s no way to get it back. So, if you just need to keep a conversation hidden from your primary inbox, I’ll recommend you to archive the conversation instead of deleting it.
Did you face any trouble trying to delete Facebook messages? Let us know in the comments below.
Posted by Jane Winston April 18, 2019 16:26
– “How can I delete Facebook messages I’ve sent to other Facebook users from their inbox?”
– “How do I delete a message I sent on messenger?”
– “My friend sent a photo of mine to group chat. After a few people saw it I told him to delete that photo. But I can still see it after he had deleted that photo …”
– “How to delete a message on Facebook before someone reads it?”
All those questions can be concluded into one sentence, which is “How to delete a message on Messenger”.
It is quite common that you sent a wrong message to your Facebook friend, or you want to delete multiple messages from your side or both sides of the conversation.
Being used by millions of users, Facebook Messenger app has been one of the most popular communicate tools. Still it also stored many secrets or unwanted messages, which you may want to delete.
To solve these problems, this article collects the full guide to delete Facebook single/multiple/all messages, even from both sides
Part 1 . Can you delete a message from Facebookk
Actually, you can delete messages, conversations and photos from your inbox completely.
Moreover, you can also delete unwanted messages from ones you sent or that have been sent to you.
Besides, you can delete unread messages on Facebook directly. Just do not open this message. Otherwise, Facebook will mark it as read, and the sender will know that you have opened it.
Part 2. How to delete Facebook conversations
You can delete a conversation on Facebook messenger per time. So if you have lots of conversations need to be deleted, then you should repeat Facebook conversation deletions over and over again.
Step 1 . Open Facebook Messenger app on your smart phone. (Facebook not loading?)
Step 2 . Find and select a conversation you want to delete.
Step 3 . Hold and press it until a popping-up window appears.
Step 4 . Choose “Deletion Conversation” on iPhone or click “Delete” on Android.
Step 5 . Click “Delete Conversation” to confirm.
Thus, you can delete all conversation in messenger on your mobile phone by above steps manually.
Part 3. How to delete single/multiple/all Facebook messages
During this section, you can delete a message from Facebook or remove a single/multiple/all Facebook messages on Messenger app completely.
Step 1 . Head to your Facebook Messenger app.
Step 2 . Find and hold down the target message.
Step 3 . Choose “Delete” when the new window pops up.
Step 4 . Repeat to delete multiple message on Messenger.
Therefore, you are able to delete messages on Facebook Messenger on Android or iPhone freely. Though it is a time-wasting method for some people.
Part 4. How to delete Facebook messages from both sides
Currently there is no such way to delete Facebook messages from the recipient’s way. But you can use some small tricks to distract others from viewing the message.
Step 1 . Mark the message you sent as “Spam” or “Abuse”.
Step 2 . Delete a message on Facebook from your side manually.
Step 3 . Deactivate your Facebook account through general settings.
Step 4 . Reactivate the account after few hours.
Well, you can also send a bunch of Emoji faces or other symbols until that message get out of the sight. Then apologize and give any reason to your friend for what you have done.
Part 5. How to permanently delete Facebook messages
Apeaksoft iPhone Eraser is your ultimate tool that can delete Facebook messages all at once. Thus, if you do not want the third person view those messages, then you can turn to iPhone Eraser for help. It can delete all content and settings permanently and completely.
Permanently clean iPhone storage in one click to free up space.
Clear cache data, junk files, history, apps, settings and other data.
Support three levels to you for clearing iPhone as you wish.
Work for iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6/5/4, iPad, iPod, etc.
Step 1 . Connect iPhone to iPhone Eraser
Free download and install iPhone Eraser on Windows or Mac PC. Launch this program and plug iPhone into your computer. Actually, you can connect several iOS devices with your computer at the same time.
Step 2 . Choose the erasing level to overwrite your iPhone
The default erasing level is “Low” level. You can change another two options by clicking “Menu” on the top right corner. Later, click “OK” to save your change.
Step 3 . Delete Facebook messages on iPhone
Then click “Start” button to start to delete messages on Messenger iPhone 7 and other iOS models. It takes several minutes to complete the process.
After that, your iPhone will be as empty as a new one. For regretting your option, you just read here to recover those deleted Facebook messages.
As a result, you can delete messages from Messenger on computer quickly and easily. Well, that’s all for how to delete messages on Facebook Messenger. If you have any good solution to delete messages on Messenger, hope you can share the experience in the comments.
- How to Disable Messages on Facebook
- Is There a Way to Turn Off Text Previews on the iPhone?
- How to Get Old Messages From Yahoo Messenger
- How to Close a Group Chat on Facebook
- Can You Delete a Certain Piece of History From Google Chrome?
- How to Read Old Conversations on Facebook
Facebook’s Messages application displays your business and personal messages in a threaded view format for each conversation you have with Facebook friends and business contacts. Although the conversation view is a useful way to keep track of who said what and when, you might want to delete some of your sent messages to declutter the message thread, particularly for long conversations that take place over weeks or months. Facebook Messages lets you select and delete individual sent messages from each conversation thread.
Sign in to your Facebook account.
Click the “Messages” button in the menu on the left to open the Messages page.
Click the conversation that contains the sent messages you want to delete. Facebook displays conversation threads in date order with the most recent at the bottom of the page.
Click the “Actions” button at the top of the conversation screen.
Select “Delete Messages” from the pull-down menu.
Click to enable the check box beside each sent message that you want to delete.
Click the “Delete Selected” button and then click “Delete Messages” in the confirmation pop-up window. Facebook removes the selected messages.
- To delete an entire conversation, including all received and sent messages, click the “Delete All” option after opening the “Delete Messages” screen.
Adrian Grahams began writing professionally in 1989 after training as a newspaper reporter. His work has been published online and in various newspapers, including “The Cornish Times” and “The Sunday Independent.” Grahams specializes in technology and communications. He holds a Bachelor of Science, postgraduate diplomas in journalism and website design and is studying for an MBA.
If you have ever tried looking at your older messages on Facebook, you might find a never-ending trail of years. Sometimes, the conversations are fun to read because the messages are pretty old, but at times, people don’t enjoy keeping such memories in their inbox. So, for people who want to delete a message on Messenger or Facebook should know that there are two ways in which you can delete messages.
- Delete the whole conversation on Facebook
- Delete a specific message from a conversation on Facebook
The choice of users on Facebook varies. While some might want to delete only a few specific messages, there might be others who would want to delete the whole conversation. However, to delete messages, either way, follow the steps as mentioned below.
Deleting the Whole Conversation on Facebook or Messenger
Deleting the whole conversations means that any history of messages, attached to a certain person, will be erased entirely, and once you do this, you cannot bring these messages back what so ever. This is not one of my favorite choices, because I love reading old messages, and I often laugh out really hard reading these messages. While it is possible that someone wouldn’t want to keep a conversation on their record for whatever reasons, then this could be the only option for them. Here is what you need to do.
- Sign in to your Facebook account, and open the chat tab for the person whose conversation you want to delete completely. Open your chat with a friend
- Locate the wheel like-icon, which is often known as the settings icon for most of the apps. Click on that. It is the second icon in the top right corner of the chats tab on the blue ribbon, as shown by the arrow in the image below. Settings icon
- This settings icon will show you a dropdown list of all the actions that you can take regarding this specific chat. You can open it in messenger, you can change the color theme of the chat, and you can also add a nickname for this person. Mute, ignore or block, you can take all these actions for any conversation on Facebook. If you scroll down on this dropdown list, you will find the option for ‘Delete Conversation’ as shown in the image below. Delete Conversation
To delete the entire conversation click on ‘Delete Conversation’. This will direct you to another dialogue box that will confirm if you really want to delete the whole history of chat with this specific person. This could be the best time for you to rethink your decision, as the dialogue box makes sure you understand the consequences of this action. That is, it cannot, no matter what, be undone, what so ever.
You have successfully deleted your history of chats with this friend of yours and you will not find any messages when you open the chat for this friend on Facebook now.
Deleting a Few Messages from a Conversation on Facebook or Messenger
When in conversation with a friend, there are chances that you want to tell them something and don’t want anyone else to read ever. To delete those specific messages, you can follow the steps as mentioned below. The method of deleting a conversation and deleting a message from a conversation is pretty different.
- When you open a chat with a friend, you can see your messages in blue and theirs in white. So if you want to delete a message, whether it is their message or yours, you need to bring the cursor to the three dots, showing right in front of the message that you want to delete. Look at the image below to see where exactly you will find these dots. Delete a message
- You have to click on these dots, to make the option for ‘delete’ appear on the screen as shown in the image above. The minute you click the dots, the option for ‘delete’ appears in a black dialogue box. Click on this black box to delete this specific message.
- Facebook would now like to confirm from you if you really want to delete this message. The reason why Facebook confirms such actions is that sometimes, we click on tabs by mistake, and don’t actually mean to take that action. This saves the users in many ways. So, if you want to delete this message, Click on ‘Delete’, that is written in red text, or ‘cancel’ the action if you changed your mind. Click ‘Delete’, to delete the message for good
Once you delete a message, just how you could not bring back a deleted conversation, you cannot bring these messages back as well. So be very alert and sure about such decisions on Facebook.
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps in use today, in large part because it’s available on nearly every platform.
But Facebook has never made it especially easy to manage your messages. For example, it took years for Facebook to give users the ability to delete an accidentally sent message from both the sender and receiver’s app — and even then you only have 10 minutes to do so.
But what if you want to delete all your messages from Facebook Messenger? You can do it, but it’s not straightforward.
First of all, there are a number of Google Chrome browser extensions with names like “Delete All Messages” and “Fast Delete Facebook Messages.” Many users report that these extensions don’t work well or, in many cases, don’t work at all.
To delete all your Facebook messages, you’ll instead need to do it manually. Here’s what you need to know.
How to delete all your Facebook messages
It is possible to delete all your Facebook messages, but not with a single click. Instead, you need to delete messages one conversation at a time. If you’ve been a Facebook user for a long time and have a lot of conversations, this can take a while.
Moreover, keep in mind that when you delete messages, you’re only deleting them from your own Facebook account. The messages will still be available to whoever you were having a conversation with. So even if you delete messages, a complete record of them might still exist on someone else’s computer.
Here’s how to delete your conversations, via either an internet browser or the Messenger app.
In a browser:
1. Log into Facebook and open the Messenger pane.
2. Click the conversation that you want to delete.
3. At the top of the chat window, click the arrow to the right of the person’s name and choose “Delete conversation.” In the pop-up window, confirm you want to do this by clicking “Delete Conversation.”
4. Repeat this for every conversation you want to remove.
To delete them using the mobile Messenger app:
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone and scroll to find the conversation you want to delete.
2. Swipe the conversation to the left and tap “Delete.”
3. In the pop-up at the bottom of the screen, confirm you want to delete the conversation by tapping “Delete.”
4. Repeat this for every conversation you want to remove.
Facebook is the most commonly used and most addicting social networking platform ever. We make friends and share our feeling, through status and messages. Facebook is best to spend time chatting with friends.
Even we chat and side by side, we read some interesting stories in the news feed — that why we all love Facebook most. But the only main reason behind maximum users who are using Facebook is, they love to chat with their old friends or friend who is living at a long distance.
Facebook has lots of features like we play Facebook games and even do many other activities. Facebook is working hard to develop new tools, and many users experience better. As we all know, there is the simple law of live ‘more things we have; more issues will be there.’
Facebook has a vast number of bugs that are not even fixed for a long time, like we explained flaws like hiding the last name on Facebook. Also, we can run several scripts to access many features as recently we share in popular Facebook hacks.
Today we will discuss the method to delete all Facebook messages at once as we all know that words are individual portions and are a susceptible area. We share many daily routines works, habits, and even share out personal images, passwords, or many other things that we can manage to share publicly.
Even Lovers enjoy to chat on Facebook, but in some conditions, we are in serious trouble, and we don’t have time to delete all messages one by one. To remove all conversion, it takes considerable time.
If we have too many friends, then it becomes the most challenging part to delete all messages. So don’t worry, here we are going to discuss the technique.
How To Delete All Facebook Messages At Once.
- First Of all, we all need to install the extension into our web browser, which will help to delete all Facebook messages at once?
- So here is the extension for Google Chrome.
- Download them according to your browser where you want to use them.
- After installing any of the above-given extensions now proceed for further instructions.
- Login to your Facebook account, of which you want to delete all messages.
- Now visit the Inbox portion, and you will see all the messages from the recent and previous conversation of all friends is visible.
- Now click on the icon, which will be visible at the top side of the URL bar.
- When you click the icon, it prompt the message for you to confirm that you want to analyze and delete all Facebook messages.
- After that, click on the Load Older Threads button to delete conversion for the rest of the friends.
- It will hardly take 10-20 sec to complete all tasks of deletion.
In Conclusion, we hope you enjoy this fantastic way to delete all Facebook messages at once. Don’t forget to share it with others. For any assistance, feel free to comment below.
How to delete all Facebook messages at once on android,
how to delete facebook messages all at once 2018,
facebook message cleaner,
how to delete facebook messages permanently,
how to delete all Facebook messages at once on android 2018 single one-click script code, Mozilla Firefox, google chrome extension,
Delete all messages on messenger chat on android, iPhone.
Remove conversation chat in the Facebook messenger app.
Sometimes, we don’t want to read Facebook messages from some of our Facebook “friends,” but here’s how to delete those messages without ever opening them up.
There are many reasons why you’d want to delete an unread Facebook message, mostly because Facebook includes read receipts, so when you open up a message, the sender knows if you read it or not, but if you get an unsolicited message from a “friend” about helping them out by liking their new Facebook page, you kind of just want to delete it and go on with your day, but if you read it first and then delete it, you’re in a bit of trouble.
However, there are ways you can delete a Facebook message without opening it up, thus still having it marked as unread when you go to delete it, and the other person will simply assume that you didn’t read it yet, otherwise they’ll see that you read it and wonder why you haven’t responded back yet.
Plus, Facebook gives you a short excerpt from the message, usually the first sentence or two. From that alone, you can see what the message is about anyway without even opening it up, which is a win-win situation.
We’ll show you how to delete unread Facebook messages on your computer, as well as on your mobile device with Facebook Messenger.
Delete Unread Facebook Messages on Your Computer
If you get the dreaded red badge next to the Messages icon in the Facebook toolbar at the top, don’t panic. There’s a way you can delete it without ever opening it up in the first place.
When you receive a Facebook message, you’ll get a small red badge up in the toolbar next to the Messages icon. If you’d rather not open it up, and instead just delete it, follow these simple steps.
- Click on the red badge next to the Message icon up in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear listing your most recent Facebook message conversations, with a highlight on messages that are unread.
- Toward the bottom of that pop-up, click See All.
- You’ll be directed to an expanded view of your Facebook messages. Technically, doing this shouldn’t automatically open the most recent unread message, so you should still be in the clear.
- From here, hover over an unread Facebook message and click on the small X icon that pops up. This will archive the message and remove it from the list, as you can’t technically delete messages using the Facebook web interface.
In any case, that’s all there is to it!
Delete Unread Facebook Messages on Your Mobile Device
It’s a bit easier to delete unread Facebook messages on mobile devices, mostly because the Facebook Messenger app is really easy to use and comes with an intuitive design. Here’s how to easily and quickly delete unread Facebook messages in Facebook Messenger.
- When you open up Facebook Messenger, you’ll see a list of your messages, with unread messages showing up in bold.
- Simply just swipe to the left on an unread Facebook message and tap on Delete. Make sure not to accidentally tap on the message, which will open it up and mark it as read.
- You’ll get a pop-up asking you whether you want to delete the message or archive it. Whichever you choose is fine, as both options will remove the message from the list.
That’s all there is to it! Now, whenever you receive a Facebook message that you don’t want to open and read, you can easily just delete it without ever opening it.
Facebook allows us to send or receive messages, photos and other files from our Facebook friends independently. Sometimes we may want to delete Facebook messages that contain an important password or other information we don’t want others to see. However, many of us wonder how to delete Facebook messages on computer or smartphone. So, here we will show you how to delete messages on Facebook.
Notes: If you accidentally deleted some important Facebook messages, check out how to recover deleted Facebook messages.
The Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Mac
It helps you recover lost or deleted Facebook archive files on Mac.
It also recovers photos, documents, videos, audios, emails, etc.
It is free to try and 100% clean.
- Part1. How to Delete Facebook Messages on Computer
- Part2. How to Delete Facebook Messages on Messenger App (iOS and Android)
How to Delete Facebook Messages on Computer
You can delete Facebook messages on web browser with your Mac or PC computer.
How to Delete Facebook Messages from Inbox
1. Log into facebook.com with your Facebook ID and password. Navigate to the Messages inbox at the top right of the page.
2. Open the conversation you want to delete.
3. Click the gear icon or “Options” at the top of the chat window and click “Delete Conversation. ” to delete Facebook messages.
4. Then it will pop up a window for you to confirm. Hit “Delete Conversation” to delete the conversation. And this operation can’t be undone.
How to Delete Facebook Messages on Messenger.com
You can also delete Facebook messages on messenger.com. Just log into messenger.com with your Facebook account or open Facebook and click “Messenger”.
To delete a message on Messenger.com:
1. Go to the conversation.
2. Hover over the message you’d like to delete and click “…” next to it.
3. Click “Delete” and tap “Delete” to confirm.
You can repeat this process to delete as many individual messages as you like, and there is no method to delete multiple messages at once without deleting the whole conversation.
To delete a conversation on Messenger.com:
1. Hover over the conversation in the left column.
2. Click the gear like icon.
3. Select “Delete” and then hit “Delete” to confirm.
How to Delete All Facebook Messages in One Click
As Facebook users, we are not permitted to delete multiple Facebook messages. But thanks to some developers, they developed some Facebook messages deleter extensions for Google Chrome that can make the process less cumbersome. Below are steps on how to delete all Facebook messages:
1. First you need to install an extension. Go to Google Chrome web store, and search for Facebook messages deleter with the similar keyword. Then choose one and hit “ + ADD TO CHROME”. Here I choose the first one. Click “Add extension” to install.
2. Then click the extension and hit “Open Your Messages”. It will show you two options including “Delete All Messages” and “Select and Delete”.
3. Hit “Delete All Messages” and click “OK” to confirm. This option only deletes a screen of messages at a time. If you need to delete multiple or all Facebook messages, tap “Select and Delete” and select the messages that you want to delete, then hit “Delete All Messages” to remove them.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger App (iOS and Android)
These instructions are about how to delete messages on Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger for iOS
Delete a Facebook message on your iOS devices:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app from your devices.
2. Tap the conversation that includes the message you want to delete, hold and press the message.
3. Choose “Delete” to remove the message from your Facebook conversation.
Delete a Facebook conversation on iOS devices:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app from your iOS devices and go to “Home” tab.
2. Press and hold the conversation that you’d like to delete and swipe it from right to left.
3. Tap “Delete Conversation” on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger for Android
Delete a Facebook message on android devices:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app from your devices.
2. Tap the conversation that includes the message you want to delete, hold and press the message.
3. Choose “Delete” to remove the message from your Facebook conversation.
Delete a Facebook conversation on android devices:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on android devices and go to “Home” tab.
2. Perform a long touch on the conversation until a pop up appears with various options.
3. Tap “Delete” on your android devices.
You’ll have a clean slate after you delete all Facebook messages! Remember that once you delete messages on Facebook, the messages will disappear on your devices but they are still in your Facebook friend’s inbox.
If you don’t want someone to know you’re ignoring their Facebook message, it’s easy to delete it without reading it
When it comes to social networks, there are many things we wish would be possible. One of them is the ability to delete unread Facebook messages. While Facebook doesn’t exactly have this, there is a way to do something like it.
Before diving deeper, you might wonder why you want to delete a message that’s still unread. The reason is that once you open it, Facebook will mark the message as read and the sender will know that you have read the message and you’re simply ignoring him/her. That’s why it is a good idea to delete the Facebook message without even opening it up, and the sender will still see it as an unread message.
Also Facebook gives you a short excerpt from the message so you are able to read the first few words without any problem. By this short excerpt, sometimes you are able to learn what the message is about without opening it. So without any further ado, let’s learn how to delete unread Facebook messages on your computer, as well as on your mobile if you are using Facebook Messenger.
Deleting unread Facebook messages
First let’s talk about Facebook on the web. When a new message is received, you will get a small red badge icon on your toolbar.
- Click on the red badge icon from the top of the screen.
- A pop-up of all recent messages will appear. Unread messages will be highlighted in this pop-up.
- At the bottom of this pop-up, click on “See All.”
- This will open an expanded view of the messages. Don’t worry, doing this will not mark any messages as read.
- From this screen, hover over the message you want to delete and click on the small X icon that pops up. This will archive the message and remove it from this list. Technically speaking, you’re not deleting the message but only archiving it. That’s all you need to do.
If you’re using Facebook Messenger on your smartphone, here’s what you need to do:
- When you launch the app, you will be able to see all recent unread messages at the top.
- Swipe left on an unread message and then tap on “Delete.” Ensure that instead of swiping, you don’t tap on it, which will open the message and mark it as read.
So this is how you can delete a message on Facebook without reading it. Try it out.
If you are one of that person who gets tons of messages on Facebook for whatsoever reason, you might already know how difficult it is to delete the messages one by one. Facebook as of now only allows you to remove the messages once you are inside the chat history and select Action > Delete Message. This option is not there right where the message list is available or even on a per-message basis. The only option you get is to archive the message. It seems Facebook does not want you to lose them, ever. In this post, we will share an extension which can mass delete all Facebook messages.
How to Mass Delete All Facebook Messages (Chrome Extension)
1] Fast Delete Facebook Messages
So keeping this in mind, Developer gorillasbrain, came up with a chrome extension which hacks into these settings and brings the delete button right where you need it. Once you have the extension installed, click on Open Messages, and then choose to delete all message. It will automatically remove all Facebook messages from all your chats. There is no option to delete messages one by one, and from individual conversations. Its a nuke button which clears all chat messages.
Said that, since there is no recovery process to get deleted messages back. Make sure to use this smartly else you might delete all your messages or any important messages. You will receive a warning message before the process starts.
Download the extension from here
2] Delete All Messages for Facebook
The second extension is to Delete all messages from Facebook and is a better one. It can remove all messages from your Facebook account, or you can also select several specific messages and then delete them in one click.
- Install the extension and then click on it.
- Once you are at Facebook Messages, click on it. It will do its analysis, and then offer you to delete all messages or delete individual messages.
- When you click on the individual option, it will enable the checkbox next to all conversation heads, i.e., not for personal messages in a particular chat but each person or group on the left.
- Select, and then click on the green highlighted button.
All your message with that contract or group will be deleted at once. The contact will disappear from the messenger, and the browser will refresh itself.
The advantage here are those checkboxes. You can select multiple contacts and clear chats. Not something Facebook offers as of now.
We hope both of these extensions where help to remove all messages from Facebook messenger.