Home Technology How To How To Change Your Twitter Name And Username
There might be various reasons why you may want to change name on Twitter. However, whatever is the reason, this is a very simple process and can be done in just seconds. Those who are using Twitter for long must be well aware of the process, however, if you are new to Twitter and do not know how to change your Twitter name or Username, know it here. We have explained both things, changing Name and Username in Twitter.
How To Change Twitter Name
This is a step by step process. Each step is explained in detail and it is all very simple.
First, log into your Twitter account by opening any browser. It will require you to provide your username and password. You can also put email id in place of username. Next, click on the login button and it will take you to the Twitter homepage.
The next step is to go to your profile. You can do that by clicking on your photo.
On your Twitter profile, click on Edit profile located on the right side of the screen.
Right below your profile photo is the field for your Twitter name. Add the name you want and once you are done, click on Save changes on the right side of the screen.
That’s it. You have now changed your Twitter name. In the Edit profile section, you can also change your profile photo, change your bio, location, and a few other things.
How To Change Your Twitter Username
Changing Username on Twitter is also very simple. Follow the steps below and you will be done in no time.
Log into your Twitter account first by providing all the details such as username, password or else email id and password. You will be directed to the homepage. In case you have forgotten the password, click on the ‘forgot password’ button and it will help you recovering your account.
Tap on the grey colour gear icon which might also be a profile icon consisting an image of your profile picture. It will bring a drop down menu from which you need to again click on the Settings option.
Next, click on the account tab on the left side. You will be presented with an interface that consists of various fields such as username, email etc. Tap on the Username field and type your desired username. Username should be unique, so try adding numbers, underscore etc. to make it exclusive. If the username you have chosen in taken, you will be prompted to choose another one.
Once done, click on the blue color ‘Save changes’ button and your new username will be saved.
This change in name or username will not have any impact on your followers or direct messages. Everything else regarding your Twitter account will remain the same.
So, changing name and username in Twitter is a very simple process, so all you need to do is follow the above-mentioned steps and you will be done in no time. If you want, the name and username can also be changed using the Twitter app. The process is almost the same where you are required to tap on your profile photo for name, or the gear icon for the username and then follow the same process as explained above.
- You can change your Twitter display name at any time from the “Edit profile” page on the Twitter mobile app or in a desktop web browser.
- The display name, which allows people to identify you, doesn’t need to be unique and can be up to 50 characters long.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There are two ways people can identify you on Twitter — using your handle (or user name), which starts with the iconic “@” symbol, and your display name.
Your display name appears at the top of your profile and is generally your real name or the “plain English” name you want people to associate with your Twitter account.
You can change your display name at any time, and your followers will automatically see the new name.
If you want to change your Twitter handle (the one that starts with “@”), see our article, “How to change your Twitter username on a computer or mobile device .”
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (From $999 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to change your Twitter name in a web browser
1. Navigate to Twitter in a web browser.
2. Click your profile picture on the left side of the screen.
3. On your profile page, click “Edit profile.”
4. In the Edit profile window, type a new name in the Name field. This can be up to 50 characters long, and there’s no requirement for it to be unique.
5. When you’re done, click “Save.”
How to change your Twitter name on your phone
1. Open the Twitter app on your Android or iOS phone.
2. If the app doesn’t open directly to your profile page, click your small profile picture at the top of the screen.
3. In the sidebar that appears, tap the profile picture again.
4. On your profile page, tap “Edit profile.”
5. In the Edit profile window, tap your name and change it to whatever you like. The new name can be up to 50 characters long, and there’s no requirement for it to be unique.
6. When you’re done, tap “Save.”