The Sims 4 game comes with limitless exciting features that you can enjoy every day. One of the coolest features of the game is the Custom Content. The Sims 4 Custom content is specially modified files that allow you to have special items in the game. As the name suggests, these are a custom man-made file that can be anything. Installing custom content in your game can be a little bit confusing the first time. It requires caution and you need to place the modified files in the right directory. We have seen many players that their games were crashed after they used Custom content in their game. So we decided to make a separate post on How to install the sims 4 Mods in your game.
What is Sims 4 Mod?
Sims 4 mod is a modified version of custom content that allows you to have special items in the game. For instance, you like the new hairstyle of Rihanna and you want the same haircut in your sim. Now going to the CAS and creating exactly the same hair can be time-consuming and tricky. Instead, you can use photo editor software and import your file into the game. The Sims 4 community around the internet make tons of Custom Content every day. Its just one clicks away from you. When you’ve found your perfect custom content match, its time to change the looks of your Sim.
How to Install Sims 4 Mod ?
Before you get started, make sure your game is up to date with the latest patch. To check for update, go to your Origin application and in the Game Library, click on the settings tab. Then click on Sims 4 and Update Game button. This will automatically download and install the latest patch into your system.
How to turn on Mods in the game?
By default, the sims 4 mods option are disabled in the game. You have to manually enable it. To do this, Click on the Menu button, Game Options, Others and then check the “Enable Custom Content and Mods” box.
Note: You have to manually enable custom content after every latest patch update
Now download Custom Content Mods in your PC. We have a huge library of an amazing custom content mod, contributed by our sims community fans. Make sure to check these out too.
How to add mods in the Sims 4?
Extract the downloaded content into your PC. Now go to Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4> Mods and place the files here. Now restart your game and you will see the modified files, as a pop-up menu.
The Sims 4 mods are not working
There are a lot of players that face this problem, and it’s normal. Follow the steps below for troubleshooting
One of the best features that the game “Sims 4” has is its great modding support. You can get creative and improve your game by making a few personalized adjustments. Here are the steps on how to install custom content and mods on “Sims 4”.
1. First, you need to get and install a data compression program such as WinZip or WinRAR.
2. Next, look for the Mods folder of “Sims 4”. Go to Documents, then Electronic Arts, then The Sims 4 and finally, Mods.
3. Within the Mods folder, search for the file “resource.cfg”. This allows you to use third party content. The file should stay inside the Mods folder always.
4. There will be two kinds of Custom Content available for you to download. The first is Default Replacement while the second is Non-Default.
5. Custom content is made and distributed in the form .package. Put the downloaded content into the Mods folder. Do not install any other file type in the Mods folder. WinZip or WinRAR will be useful in opening compressed data that you downloaded.
7. When you finish adding the mods to “Sims 4”, the game will present a mod browser by default when you launch. You will know that the game has recognized the changes and implemented these accordingly.
8. It is expected to handle buggy or misidentified items once in a while since custom content are generally unapproved by the game developers. You can make various customizations such as changing the hair color of your characters or using unique items.
9. You can find more special items and custom options by visiting social media sites and “Sims 4” forums. Gamers usually share their own content in these sites for others to download and enjoy.
10. Mod The Sims features over 120 files for the game. Login to start downloading items from the website.
Experiment with various characters and feel free to explore your artistic side. Also get rid of content that appears buggy or do not work. Over the following weeks, you will notice how other gamers will share new mod content and updates on social media sites and forums.